Friday, May 16, 2008

Finally...the world of blogging....

okay, here goes for all of you that we don't get to see and for me to actually get the written word down on paper (or screen for that matter-hey whatever works), we finally get to keep in touch more often with pictures and comments.

it was a rough week. brit our nephew passed away and it has really effected the entire family. I can't even imagine what it has done to craig and lisa and the boys. i feel heartbroken. sad. wishing for a miracle that would make it all go away. he was so special. makes me understand that all of our kids are on loan and we never know how much time we have. or they have. we all have a certain mission and when HE needs us back, he needs us back. makes me understand that we merely drive the boat, that we are not in real control of it. brit was so special and so loved by everyone, that is all we can really ask for. that our kids contribute to this world and are loved and know they are loved, and brit had that. amazing parents and an amazing family of brothers and he knew he was loved and he loved his family. it doesnt help the grief but does give peace along with the grief. his sudden passing will always be with us. always knowing that he is missing but happy for him that he lived such a wonderful life and blessed so many- we can all hope for that type of impact. he was darling, sweet, smart, spiritual- an amazing kid. i wish we would of had more time with him, though. cant wait to see what amazing things he is doing on the other side. ....

hubby just graduated. wow. 5 years! i am so proud. 3.98 gpa is not easy for us older folks. heehee. he is amazing. 13 years with my guy and am more proud than ever (XO)....

headed to the beach for the 40th. cant wait. not for that really fun milestone birthday, but for the opportunity to sit my butt down on the sand and stay there for days, just taking it all in. thanks to julie for making it possible.:) the beach is the one destresser that makes me feel soo much peace. i used to watch the sunset every night sitting on my jeep at aliso beach. too fun. its always fun going back.

school ends next week. looking forward to a very fun summer with the kiddies. too fun. i will use nicknames on the blog. dont like people out there knowing too much info about the family (last names and locations and stuff) but want to keep all of you informed....

kate

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a blog! I love the name! I hope more people in the family do them. I love seeing what your up to.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Love your BLOG keep it up...and I'll sneak you a recipe later! So I can't wait to watch your blog and see the history!

I'm sending pics of the birthday party via email!

Jenna Marie said...

Hey Kate! Sorry about this weekend. I guess we should have told you we were coming down on Friday and not Saturday. We had a great weekend though. A wonderful birthday! We left St. George in the afternoon, and came back and Jeff planned a little party here for me too. I had a great day. Did you know we have a blog too? thecorrys.blogspot.com. Anyway... It's great fun! Love you!

Jenna Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a great time in Cali!! Love you!!!

bows and more said...

Ok girlfriend! Whats up! I just found your comment on my blog! I really am not stuck up or anything! You on the other hand hummmm! J/K You are just busy busy! Call me back lady we need to chat! love you! Love your blog! Keep in touch! Your family is beautiful! And you are one hot mama!

bows and more said...

P.S. So sorry about your nephew,I have had your family in my heart and prayers!
I hope the beach was a big stress relief! Also I have lost 25 lbs! so like only 100 more to go to get where you are J/K I bet it feels so good to be on the beach with your hot bod! Call me!

bows and more said...

Oh P.S. HAPPY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY! HOPE YOU HAD THE BEST ONE EVER! AND YOU DO NOT LOOK A DAY OVER 25! FOR REAL!

bows and more said...

HEY JUST THOUGHT I WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL SPECIAL AND LEAVE YOU ONE MORE COMMENT! HOPE IT MADE YOU SMILE!